Why pure, Gluten Free ingredients from 100% naturally sourced products
are so important.
More than 55 diseases have been linked to gluten, the protein found in wheat, rye, and barley. It's estimated that 99% of the people who have either gluten intolerance or celiac disease are never diagnosed. It is also estimated that as much as 15% of the world population is gluten intolerant.
Because so many people are gluten intolerant and don’t know it and because we want only the best Super Foods for our bars ALL our bars are GF from 100% naturally sourced products.
Celebs like Zooey Deschanel, Emmy Rossum, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Chelsea Clinton all follow gluten-free diets, thanks to wheat allergies that, if left untreated, can result in bloating, diarrhoea, fatigue, malnourishment and even infertility and osteoporosis. GF proponents maintain that ditching wheat can help you lose weight, elevate sports performance and evaporate mental fogginess.
We believe it, because it works for us, including your Health Discovery team writer who has been GF for many years and lives the difference between bloating and lethargy pre gluten and energy and wellness post gluten. That’s why all our Super Food bars are completely gluten-free.
Are you GF intolerant?
If you have any of the following symptoms it could be a sign that you have gluten intolerance. If you do present with serious symptoms please see your physician or health care professional before making any changes to your diet.
- Digestive issues such as gas, bloating, diarrhoea and even constipation.
- Keratosis Pilaris, (also known as 'chicken skin' on the back of your arms). This tends be as a result of a fatty acid deficiency and vitamin A deficiency secondary to fat-malabsorption caused by gluten damaging the gut.
- Fatigue, brain fog or feeling tired after eating a meal that contains gluten.
- Diagnosis of an autoimmune disease.
- Neurologic symptoms such as dizziness or feeling of being off balance.
- Hormone imbalances such as PMS, PCOS or unexplained infertility.
- Migraine headaches.
- Diagnosis of chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia.
- Inflammation, swelling or pain in your joints such as fingers, knees or hips.
- Mood issues such as anxiety, depression, mood swings and ADD.
How to test for gluten intolerance?
The single best way to determine if you have an issue with gluten is to eliminate foods from your diet for at least 2 to 3 weeks and then reintroduce it.
If you feel significantly better off gluten or feel worse when you reintroduce it, then gluten is likely a problem for you.